Sunday, May 21, 2006

The American

The American
by: Ricky Sholar

I am the American citizen
By the laws of the land I am free
Free to speak
Free to write
Free to worship
I have no gripes with other countries
I go to work every day
I come home every night
I love my wife and children
I provide a home and food for my family
I cause no trouble
When I am called upon to protect this freedom
I will do so without regret
Even if it costs me my life
I will defend this country and its people
So they too can enjoy the freedom that I have enjoyed
If I fall America will bring me home to my loved ones
If I survive I will praise those who fell
I will not turn my back on my country or its people
When we are threatened we will fight back
If you defend us we will defend you
If you harm our people, no matter where from, or what color
You will pay the penalty
America can be your best friend or your worst enemy
You wouldn’t want to be on her bad side
Remember she’s young, beautiful, and very temperamental
God Blessed America at her birth and is still doing so today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home